Olivia’s Bio (Provided by NBC.com with permission)
Olivia’s biggest motivation for going on the show was being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and being told she would likely never have children if she didn’t lose weight. As an opera singer, she was also tired of losing coveted roles to people who looked healthier – it wasn’t enough to just have a great voice. Olivia was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, and raised in Houston, Texas, the oldest of four children. She received a degree in vocal performance at the University of Alabama, and master’s degrees in vocal performance and opera performance from the New England Conservatory of Music. She was overweight in junior high school, but was athletic throughout her school years until she reached college and decided to focus on music. A poor diet and no exercise led to her obesity, and the weight gain continued as she was diagnosed with PCOS when says she “completely gave up.” Now 261 pounds and married for 12 years, 35-year-old Olivia was inspired by Season 7 finalist Tara Costa and looks forward to becoming a runner and running in Central Park once she loses the weight.
Q & A
Here is her top 10 most tweeted questions with the answers straight from the Opera’s singers mouth:
1. How tall are you and Hannah? I’m 5’10 and Hannah is 5’9
2. What were those crackers you raved about on your Regis and Kelly Interview? GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbreads, they’re only 12 calories and great with hummus on top!
3. What are you going to do with the money? Lets get real ya’ll, Im going to pay off dept, take an amazing vacation with my husband Ben, invest a little, and go shopping!
4. Where do you live now? Ben and I live in Astoria, which is in Queens (New York), look for us if you’re ever taking the N, R, or Q subway lines!
5. What is your goal weight? I’ve already met and exceeded my goal weight, because it isn’t a number, it’s a feeling, so staying fit and feeling good is my goal weight!
6. How many hours did you train for the finale once you left the ranch? I would work out just as hard off the ranch as I did on, Im competitive and I had my eyes on the prize the whole time!
7. Where do you currently work out? Well, I’m still looking for a gym and trainer in NYC, but I also am in love with spinning and go often to Soul Cycle, a spin studio in Manhattan.
8. What kind of inspiration can you give to your fans? My Twitter fans and I have come up with the hashtag #fitspiration because again, its about a being healthy is feeling, not a number!
9. What are your baby making plans? When God blesses me with a child I will be so excited, as will Ben and the rest of our family who you probably saw in snippets throughout the season!
10. Whats next? Your guess is as good as mine! I definitely want to keep inspiring America (and the world) to get or maintain being healthy and fit. But literally whats next for me? A lot of press interviews and I am loving it!
As the winner of Biggest Loser 11 Olivia took home the grand prize of $250,000 along with, an Xbox kinect, a new car, and a bunch of other great parting prizes. As well as losing 129 lbs.
I realize not everyone can go on a hit TV show to reach their goals, however I think it is awesome to see that the contestants are real people.
Thank you Olivia for providing the above Q & A