When do you start your Christmas baking? This time of year my home smells so yummy! My girls and I love to get together in the kitchen and bake yummy treats for our friends and family. Some recipes are quick and easy, some are a bit on the tricky side. This year we are adding OREO Stuffed Cookies to our list of holiday treats.
Every year the neighbours look forward to a plate full of squares and cookies from us. I am super excited to gift them again this holiday season!
OREO Stuffed Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz (1/2 brick) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 OREOS, any flavor
- Sprinkles, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together cake mix, cream cheese, butter and egg.
- Portion into twenty 1 1/2 Tablespoon-sized balls.
- Take one ball and flatten it in your hand. Place an OREO on top and fold the cookie dough around the cookie to cover it completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- If using sprinkles, sprinkle them overtop of the dough now.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until cracked and no longer glossy.
- Cool slightly before serving, or cool completely before packaging for gifts.
This recipe is sure to be a fun and easy one for anyone looking to add a new treat to the menu. If you are an OREO cookie fan it is a must try! Something tells me they will not last long in my house!