Breakfast is the one meal every day I try very hard to make sure everyone eats. On the weekends when we have more time, I always make a big breakfast. Often there is a variety of fruits, with some main dish and a side of bacon or ham. One breakfast food my entire family loves and I have made forever is French Toast. Of course nobody seems to like it the same way, but they do all eat it.
Recently I saw a yummy French Toast roll-up recipe go through my feed. It looked yummy and made me think it would be perfect for my third REESE Spreads post. Adding two of our fave things to one delicious recipe is always a good thing!
If you have not yet tried REESE Spreads, you can find it in your grocery store in the spreads aisle. If you have tried it, and love it like us, give this recipe a try.
REESE Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast Roll ups Recipe
- 8 slices white bread
- REESE Spread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter, for greasing the pan
- icing sugar
- Flatten each slice of bread with rolling pin. Cut crust if desired
- Spread REESE Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread on one side of each slice. Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with each.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Add in cinnamon
- Heat your pan over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down. This will seal them and keep them from opening up. Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Remove from pan. Place on plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar
This has quickly became a new family fave! Variations can include adding sliced strawberries or bananas before rolling up each one.
Looking for more recipes in the The Golden Spoon Recipe Series? Check out the hashtag #DoYouSpoon and get making your own yummy recipes your family will surely love.
Disclosure: Although this post has been sponsored by Hershey Canada as part of the Golden Spoon Recipe Series, all opinions are my own.